Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Champs and other players leave Floyd Co.
Gitback Coach Wrote:True. Also, do keep in mind that all community colleges in KY can actually accept/admit applicants who don't even finish high school. Applicants who merely sign a document asserting their intention to take the GED may be accepted on a contingency basis.

Not trying to impugn Paintsville Schools at all, but many/most of these school systems' self-appointed accolades dissolve pretty quickly under even the most modest forms of scrutiny.

A more recent one that most KY school systems use to pat themselves on the back asserts that "100 percent of our graduates have been certified 'college or workforce ready,'" lol. Look that one up. It's a hoot!

About 30% of the population in the United States has a 4 year college degree. Many more students drop out or fail out of colleges than graduate. There are many reasons for this, so I am not going to blame the preparation in high school for that. I went to a high school that at the time was part of a district that was deemed to be one of the worst in Kentucky and I am graduating with a doctorate in May. Of course I am not one that makes or takes excuses. The issue of transfers has nothing to do with "Academics" it's to play a sport, period. Most of the time parents transfer their kids there on the hopes, and in many cases, the "promise" of an athletic scholarship. Sadly, the ones promising these scholarships aren't the ones giving them out. I have known several kids to transfer in my career and not 1 single kid has been offered anything above NAIA, not 1. Colleges don't offer scholarships because of the program, either you can play at that level or you can't. Transferring schools isn't going to change that.
Messages In This Thread
State Champs and other players leave Floyd Co. - by School Admin. - 04-04-2017, 08:33 PM