Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottie Russell has resigned as head football coach at Knox Central
RicFlair Wrote:No offense to Scottie because I think he's a great person, but, he wasn't that great of a coach. Wayne Mills got that program on track and Scottie never took it anywhere else. Again I don't think he was bad coach but also don't think he was that great.

I agree that Mills got the program on track, but in my opinion, Scotty is a pretty good coach. Every system has their ups and downs and a lot of it has to do with talent levels coming through a rural school system. What makes a good coach is what they do with the talent they have. Everything I've seen pointed to him being an excellent coach who supported the kids he had.
I think KC powers messed up in a power grab, but, the proof will be seeing where the program is in five years when this middle school class that everyone says is so good comes to the top. If they aren't winning districts and competing for regions, or have had two or more head coaches by then, this decision will turn out to be a white elephant.
Messages In This Thread
Scottie Russell has resigned as head football coach at Knox Central - by papagrit - 11-19-2016, 03:46 PM