Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your solution for the $20 TRILLION national debt?
TheRealThing Wrote:Was it not you who just recently brought up a Scripture to make a point?

Ecclesiastes 1:9 (KJV)

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Your logic is flawed on so many levels I could very likely write a book on it. But for the sake of this conversation let's stick with the most obvious. When the Lord ordered the people of Israel to possess the promised land their orders were to go in, wipe the current inhabitants out, and theirs was to be a land of milk and honey.

That was the plan, but Israel disobeyed and the land in question is in dispute to this very day. History proves that sovereignty is any nation's prerequisite order of business if they want to survive. There will always be legions of takers out there who would rather seize the goods of others, rather than develop the industry honestly for themselves which provides the goods and services they want. Things will never change.

In our day we have apologists such as yourself who though they may be able to quote Scripture, seemingly fall short of the profound understanding it offers. Borders are absolutely necessary if we expect America to survive very long. Now, I know the forces of erosion are at work in a feverish effort to bring the US down; Trying to rationalize through propaganda the ideas of liberalism, which hold that man is evolving into greatness and we who have wealth must therefore invest it in that evolving brotherhood.

The real truth is quite a bit different however. Man is meant to provide for his family through work. With planting comes the harvest, and with plying trades comes the reward. This is the way a nation amasses wealth and if all nations did things right, all of them would have plenty. Humane immigration laws already exist here in this land, and they should be enforced. No amount of reform will make them anymore humane than they already are. Just as no amount of equivocation by self appointed interloping political hacks will make saints out of neer-do-wells here illegally. I don't get it, they broke into this land just like a thief would your home, and they are looking for booty in one form or another. If not, they'd be too actively involved in making a living in their homelands to ever consider walking away from it to come here. In the industrial sense, Mexico for example is booming. The jobs market there is just as rosy as it is in the US so what's the difference, why come here? WELFARE

Honorable immigrants still do it the old fashion way, legally. And they are being had on epic scale by our allowing border crashers, even preferring them over the good guys. Sad don't start to describe it.

(1) Did I suggest a nation does not need sovereign borders? No, I did not. The refusal to deal with illegal immigration these past years has put us in a dicey humanitarian situation, with large numbers of illegals who have been here for years, had children here, have made a life here. We need reform, or perhaps a better word, revisit, the situation as it exists circa 2016. New realities can out pace old laws. Our current illegal immigrant population, nor our current economic realities are best served by mass deportation.
Messages In This Thread
What's your solution for the $20 TRILLION national debt? - by The Urban Sombrero - 07-02-2016, 09:05 AM