Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg @ Betsy Layne (58th Championship/at Prestonsburg)
"StrikeoutKing" Wrote:Blackcat, when I posted earlier, I had only watched the first half of the South Floyd game, and had not yet seen the score, and by saying the things about Betsy Layne, I was basing that on the performance against Allen Central. Barnette is one of the best players, IMO, in the region, by far. He is very underrated. And Leslie is a great compliment to him, you can't guard one without the other one making you pay. And yes, I don't think BL's defense is as good as P'Burg's. This game SHOULD be very interesting, but after reading about P'Burg's perfromance against the defending District Champions, I'm saying:

Prestonsburg - 74
Betsy Layne - 68

What do base your defensive statement on? Prestonsburg's defensive effort did look better last night, but there are reasons why. No offense to South Floyd, but they don't move much without the ball. It is easier to defend someone standing still waiting to take the shot. The fact is the shots were just not falling. Who's defensive assignment was Ryan Johnson, he scored 21 points,pretty much at will. The lane was open all night.
Messages In This Thread
Prestonsburg @ Betsy Layne (58th Championship/at Prestonsburg) - by BBandG - 03-01-2006, 03:07 PM