Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Making of a Division 1 Factory in Eastern Kentucky
Iynalot Wrote:Don't have a dog in this fight, but i'm not sure i read the rules the same way you do.

From the above post of the regs:

Specific examples of impermissible contact with students include:
(6) High school exhibit and/or promotion space or materials specific to the schools’ athletic program or a specific athletic team including mass mailings or communication (electronic or otherwise) that cannot be restricted to exclude non-feeder pattern individuals;

Clearly from the picture this is athletic specific material that was, according to the inside source, not restricted from non-feeder pattern individuals. The bigger point here is even if all this is proven to have taken place as alleged, what would it really effect. Are there any real consequences that the Paintsville program would face. Some kids would rather transfer for the promise of earlier playing time than to stay and try and earn it. As long as there are kids and parents who are looking for the path of least resistance you will have this type of stuff go on.

It's a business card, on it's own it is not a form of school specific marketing material per se.

Once again, I am not by any means saying I don't think something fishy is happening. I most certainly do. But a business card is a very commonplace thing that most people have and give out freely regardless of the type of industry they are in.

I am saying this not to protect Paintsville, but protect coaches everywhere.

If simply posting a business card, something that I would say 75% of Head Coaches have, and wrapping a story without additional facts that can be proven is grounds for a school being accused of major violations... then who is to say that people cannot fabricate a story by simply getting their hands on a card from another coach?

Without further proof of impermissable contact the KHSAA would laugh this out of the room if it was brought on it's own as sole proof of recruiting. Now if the person with the card had a text message suggesting someone should come watch a practice or talk about playing time with the Head Coach... that is a Horse of a Different Color and suddenly the business card becomes evidence.
Messages In This Thread
The Making of a Division 1 Factory in Eastern Kentucky - by EKUAlum05 - 06-24-2016, 04:02 PM