Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR---Johnny Martin Fired as Allen Central Head Coach??
"BeaverCreek Connection" Wrote:Coach Johnny Martin should be able to leave when he says its time. Coach K, Bobby Night or anybody else could not have had a winning season in the last two years. He deserves to set his own time to depart

Good post. You would think that the administration and SBDM of Allen Central would treat Coach Martin with more respect than to let rumors run rampant and give vague answers to questions asked by the media.

When asked about the status of Johnny Martin before Allen Central's contest with Betsy Layne this week, the principal told me that, "his status will be evaluated at the end of the season." When asked if there was a closed door meeting concerning the status of Martin at Allen Central last week, she answered "yes" and wouldn't elaborate on the issue.

There are a ton of rumors swirling and it would be irresponsible to spread those around on the internet or anywhere else. But I would say this. The administration of Allen Central should have more respect for a man who has given 26 years of service to continue a winning tradition of basketball. He has been a consistent winner and is currently in a rebuilding mold.

However, as in anything else that goes on in Floyd County, there is a little group of people that want to be bosses and they are making the noise and those who support Johnny are just listening. If you don't like what's happening at Allen Central, call the administration and voice your opinion. Attend a SBDM meeting.

Don't let this situation be another example of "little Cuba", a dictator running the show with no say from anyone else.

I'm behind you Johnny. So are many others.
Messages In This Thread
RUMOR---Johnny Martin Fired as Allen Central Head Coach?? - by jammin jamey - 03-01-2006, 10:27 AM