Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg @ Betsy Layne (58th Championship/at Prestonsburg)
"StrikeoutKing" Wrote:Betsy Layne is unstoppable with Kidd, Witt, and the foreign kid underneath. P'Burg, however, has guards like no other team in the region in Stephens, McGuire, and Herrick. I think this will be an inside battle, with both teams trying to fould the other team's big men out. But I think Betsy Layne just has too much size and intensity down low for P'Burg to handle. If Prestonsburg wants to win this game, I believe they will have to rely on the guard play of Stephens, Herrick, McGuire, and Hughes off of the bench. Leslie and Barnette will score, but the 3 big men for Betsy Layne will offset them, and I think Stapleton and Thacker, as well as Case need to step up for this game. Should be a VERY intriguing match-up. But I'm taking Rose over Crisp!!!!!

Have you seen Prestonsburg play?

If you had, you should know that Prestonsburg has the best 2 big men in the region. Their guards are good and have the ability to score, but as long as they get it to Leslie and Barnette they are unstoppable. Prestonsburg defense is way better than Betsy Layne's, and if they play like they did tonight, which I think they will, I take Prestonsburg by 20+. Also, the last time Prestonsburg played BL, Thacker had most of their points, Kidd didn't do anything.

I don't mean to sound cocky either, Prestonsburg is very beatable and BL has a team that can do it, but if they play like they can I think Prestonsburg will come out on top. Just don't get a big head P-burg.
Messages In This Thread
Prestonsburg @ Betsy Layne (58th Championship/at Prestonsburg) - by blackcat - 03-01-2006, 01:51 AM