Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers for Johnson Central footall family.
I was just informed about this. To say that I'm shocked and very saddened by this information is an understatement. It was an honor and a privilege to coach him during his lone season with us. This young man always had an infectious smile on his face. He always made it a point to attend OTAs even when he had no other means of transportation than to call me up. During our travels we would talk about whatever was on his mind and rarely was it ever about football. When you are able to form trusting relationships with the young men that you coach, you provide them an outlet and become an individual that they can confide in when seeking advice about the wide variety of issues teenagers deal with these days. Coaching is not all about wins and losses. The most rewarding thing that I get, and I'm sure others feel the same way, is the opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact in someone's life. Such a tragedy and my thoughts and prayers will be with this young man's family and his teammates in the coming days. Rest in peace and you will be sorely missed.
Messages In This Thread
Prayers for Johnson Central footall family. - by DALE - 04-08-2016, 06:12 PM