Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacquiao says gays worse than Animals
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:At least one Framer Preambled that a union could establish justice, which, it seems to me, equal protection under the law denied to a group because of sexual orientation is unjust.
You're entitled to your opinion, but the Constitution does not address marriage, so it should not be a federal matter. The 10th Amendment has not been repealed. Couples are issued marriage licenses, just as drivers are issued licenses by their state of residence.

Driving, like a government recognized marriage, is a privilege, not a right. We have a right to be married in a church of our choice and we have a right not to be married at all. It should be left to state governments to define which marriages they endorse with licenses.

Gay marriage is not a big issue for me, but I strongly believe that the federal government has no right to redefine marriage, which throughout history has almost always been defined as a union between one woman and one man. My preference is to have our Constitutional rights restored by the appointment of Supreme Court Justices who do not fabricate law based on wishful thinking or opinion polls. The federal government has way too much power and it is time for the American people take back that power and return it to the states, where it belongs.

If California's residents wants to legalize gay marriage, that is okay with me. If Kentucky wants to make gay marriage illegal, that is even better. The residents of both states should be free to make that decision without any coercion by the federal courts.
Messages In This Thread
Pacquiao says gays worse than Animals - by pjdoug - 02-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Pacquiao says gays worse than Animals - by Motley - 02-18-2016, 05:25 PM
Pacquiao says gays worse than Animals - by Hoot Gibson - 02-20-2016, 04:51 AM