Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacquiao says gays worse than Animals
TheRealThing Wrote:Then you also know that the reason God called out the account of His destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was to define a certain matter. Once a society traverses through sin's fast lane until it arrives at the open acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle, that society is on the cusp of the end. That is why God dealt with Sodom in the way He did in raining destruction down upon them in the form of fire and brimstone.

Were those folks uniquely evil as compared to the rest of humanity? Obviously not. The lesson in the Sodom account is for man to be able to recognize his societal and personal progression into the depths of sin. At some point God turns His back on men and sometimes entire societies because their minds have slidden into a state of reprobation. In other words, and I know you like the signpost analogy Sombrero, homosexuality is a signpost denoting a certain state of being rather than a certain location. For people who are hopelessly entrapped, or people who somehow derive some measure of satisfaction when others are involved with the practice of homosexuality, destruction awaits. Destruction, like the fire and the brimstone of Sodom, awaits.

That being said, if a person is not so deeply enslaved that they can still respond to God in repentance for their sin, will obviously be forgiven.

If I read the "hey, Lot" story correctly, the men gathered at the door wanting the Guest brought out so that they might have their way with him. This seems to have been the norm, the custom, as seemingly no sheriff shows up to stop it. This portrays a level of depravity that I don't ascribe to this culture. However, your "societal and personal progression" point is interesting and worth thinking about.
Messages In This Thread
Pacquiao says gays worse than Animals - by pjdoug - 02-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Pacquiao says gays worse than Animals - by Motley - 02-18-2016, 05:25 PM
Pacquiao says gays worse than Animals - by The Urban Sombrero - 02-18-2016, 09:23 PM