Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump, the political hurricane, still rages
TheRealThing Wrote:Well, while Trump and Hillary could be in on a ruse such as is being suggested in the posts above, there are some flaws in that slaw from my perspective. As said, Trump and Hillary could collaborate, but the forces that move the needle are the establishment right, the establishment left, the koolaid aslosh media, and last but not least are the millions of voters who have taken a position on the Trump candidacy. And let's not forget, the media and the left are true believers. World transformers if you will.

Here's what I am saying. To get all the establishment players to fall in line, that being the afore mentioned right, left and media, and get them to do and say, what is necessary in order for Hillary to trick her way into the White House is out there in pretty far fetched territory if you ask me. However, nobody of the establishment could have predicted how the voters of this nation have reacted to the challenges Trump has made to the sacred cows of the Democratic Party. He's in their face about the politically correct insanity which has swept and neutered this land, and you can't tell me that is a planned or orchestrated phenomena. I mean, I have detailed the grudge slinger mentality of even FOX News in regard to the agency's vendetta on behalf of little Megyn, have I not? We're watching such events go down in real time, and the reactive media are fairly frothing like a pack of dogs in their efforts to down the Don. He is an outsider and a threat to both sides, which means he is not welcome by anybody. Hence my prediction that everybody would attack him with a fury unmatched in the recent past.

At any rate, the mistake I refuse to make is to allow the media to shape my convictions or direct my thinking about whom will eventually get my vote. Of course Mr Trump is all about himself. He thinks he is right and I tend to agree with the lion's share of what he has said, with the lone exception of his disagreement with Justice Scalia. Admittedly we are at odds on that one as Scalia was being candid and Trump should have let that one lie. I'm sure Trump's intent in saying anything, was to garner support from the black community and after all, he is a newbie to this politician thing.
The only parties that need to be in on a ruse are Hillary and The Donald. Trump has said so many stupid things, which I believe that he is too smart to say unintentionally, that he is quickly widening the split between his supporters, conservatives, and the establishment candidates. If Trump's goal is to prolong the primary fights for delegates, possibly all the way to Cleveland, then he is doing a great job. By saying "stupid" things, for starters I would include:

1. Temporarily banning all Muslims from entering the country. A Rand Paul amendment in the Senate that Cruz, Mike Lee, and seven other Republicans supported in the Senate received just 10 votes in support. The chance that a total ban on Muslims entering the country would have zero chance to pass Congress, even with Republicans controlling Congress and Trump in the White House.

Unless Trump supporters want him to make laws with a pen and phone, a la Obama, his statement made no sense. I think Trump later started backing off what he said, which opens him up to flip-flopping charges (again). 8 years of an arrogant, aspiring dictator will be enough for me.

2. Promising to sign an Executive Order making the murder of a police officer a capital offense across the nation. This is another promise that he cannot possibly keep. Murder is a state crime and many states do not have a death penalty as an option, regardless of how heinous the crime or the occupation of the victim.

For a presidential candidate to believe that he can impose the death penalty with the stroke of a pen is even more alarming than Obama's actions. If Trump is really this ignorant of the law, then he needs to consult with a lawyer before he goes in front of a camera and makes a fool of himself and his supporters. This is the kind of thing that will eventually appear prominently in campaign ads, as well it should.

When I listen to Trump, I get the feeling that he believes I am stupid and that to get my support, he needs to say bold, stupid things. It is starting to remind me of the feeling I get when I listen to Obama.
Messages In This Thread
Trump, the political hurricane, still rages - by Hoot Gibson - 12-15-2015, 12:42 AM