Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 42 Beechwood 28 (1A State Championship)
Live Maroon Wrote:I'm probably one of the older ones on here. Been watching Pikeville football since 1972. Had several different fan bases on here telling us we were "no longer relevant" and that we needed to "knock the dust off your trophies". That stuck with me because, to a certain point, they were true. But this Junior and Senior group are one of those special groups you hear about from time to time. Got to broadcast them winning the County Jr High Tournament (didn't have State Finals for Jr High back then). Shut Belfry Middle out three times that year, including a 6 - 0 championship game at CAM that is still one of the best overall football games I've ever seen. Every time this bunch played, Panther Thunder and I were having to dive into the Pikeville Record Book to see what old record had fallen. I really thought we had missed our chance for a State title last year, but these players and this coaching staff committed themselves to taking them one at a time and holding each other accountable for excellence. It wasn't a spotless season, but I think this team learned from both losses and used it as fuel. I am SO PROUD of this group of Panthers - not just for winning State Title #4, but the way they carried themselves the entire year. If I had a son, I would have no trouble with him looking up to any of these players and coaches. They represented their school and community with class. And I am especially thrilled for Coach McNamee, the example of class. It's been a magical season and I am so humbled to have gotten to help broadcast their games. Truly living the dream.

Great post, and appreciate these words.......so true !
Messages In This Thread
Pikeville 42 Beechwood 28 (1A State Championship) - by Big Five-0- - 12-08-2015, 01:51 AM