Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 42 Beechwood 28 (1A State Championship)
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Great job Panthers!

Really happy for Big Five-O, Hail Pikeville, Panther Thunder, and jetpilot.

Already looking forward to that Panther Thunder youtube video!

The turning point was the last play of the 3rd Quarter. Beechwood had all the momentum leading 21-14 and facing a key 3rd and Long Pikeville dumped the pass to Blake Charles who went 67 yards.

Pikeville's D railled on the momentum to get a stop, then McNamee said "Bring It!" and lined up under Center and just brought the power game and Beechwood had no answer.

Now let's see if Belfry and Pikeville can change it from "Title Town" to "Title County" moving forward!
Thanks, EKU! Been a long time coming and I couldn't be happier that it was Beechwood on the other end of it!!!

I will post some more thoughts through out the week. Still a little overwhelmed. Just going through trying to update some records and this and that as well as some video work.

Just a random stat that made me smile, Pikeville outscored opponents this year by FIVE HUNDRED POINTS. 708-208. (Not Male or anything, but pretty good!)

One of the records set was a PHS Record for points in a Playoff series and PPG in a playoff series: 258 Points, 51.6 PPG!! Billy J had the offense clicking midway through the year and peaking at the right time! Great job by Johnson, Johnson, & Huff! And what a job Paul Sullivan has done since taking over the Defense. The fastest, hardest-hitting Panther team in a long time! Forcing a boat-load of turnover, falling just shy of entering the state record book at the minimum end for INTs! Tony Mullins did a great job with the DL. Became much more disciplined throughout the season and was really playing lights out against the year by the end of the year.

More to some soon!
Messages In This Thread
Pikeville 42 Beechwood 28 (1A State Championship) - by Panther Thunder - 12-07-2015, 10:28 PM