Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Schools have taken over... A look at State Titles so far this school year
mysonis55 Wrote:I have said it for years. It can in no way be considered fair to allow teams that can recruit legally compete in the same levels as those who are not allowed to. It is already a disadvantage when you consider that these private schools have children who's families have the funding to send them to every camp they want to go to for training in their particular sport. These same kids compete against kids that don't have money to buy their own cleats. Then you tell them it's okay to go find people that live within a couple hours of their school and give them scholarships to come to school and play for them. But, here is the other more serious problem. These are the same people and schools that have money to get the best attorneys to argue against putting them in a seperate class or change the system to make it fair. So, in Ky, where money talks, it will never change. So, we might as well quit talking about it every year.

I went to CovCath, who never recruited me, but I was recruited heavily by a few different public schools.

People act like any kids that come to CovCath from outside of the immediate area do it for sports, but it's normally for the community feeling, education, and a Catholic environment.

Separating public and private would be stupid.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Messages In This Thread
Private Schools have taken over... A look at State Titles so far this school year - by BFritz - 11-18-2015, 04:52 AM