Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republican Dysfunction?
Dems are greatly relieved as a result of Kevin McCarthy's withdrawal from pursuit of the Speaker's job. They say the Republicans are fractured and dysfunctional. It's hilarious to listen to, especially for those of us who are still weary from the leadership of Harry Reid and SanFranNan. At any rate, I must admit McCarthy and Boehner's decisions have indeed given Dems some much needed political cover. I don't know about everybody else, but I'm still very upset about Benghazi and I want to know what happened.

It's true that most newly elected Congressmen are co-opted before they get moved into their office by the Capital Hill establishment. And this is the norm of which the media and the mindless (as if there were any difference) have come to expect. Constituents from conservative states don't see things quite that way. "We the people" would like to think our elected officials are sent to the Hill to govern as we tell them to govern.

The legislative process was intended to be a dysfunctional mess. Heck, some of our founding fathers took their disputes all the way to the dueling ground. Everybody seems to have lost sight of the fact that Dems lost the house and the senate back to the Republicans because the voter doesn't like what they've been seeing out of DC. I just cannot wrap my head around the fact that Dems promise more and higher taxes and still, manage to get elected by people who claim they are concerned about stretching their hard earned dollars. The voter none the less, has started to assert himself and Congress should darn well listen.

The upper and lower chambers ought to be fraught with striving and debate from both sides. The lack of it nowadays has supposedly been an example of statesmanship. I know we really need a scorecard to keep up with everything but, here is the problem in a nut shell. Dems want their way or they will get mad and shut down the government using funding. Republicans are then forced to make a choice between two options 1) be gentlemen and go along with the Dems who are bent for social reform and insane levels of deficit spending. Or 2) stake their claim of equal authority (with Dems) under the dictates of the US Constitution, and govern as they were sent to Washington to so do.

How did it get to the point where one party gets all the blame for the wrong headedness afoot in this day as it applies to governance? Just let me give you one little case in point. At the behest of our President, we Americans just spent over 500 MILLION tax dollars in an effort to "train moderate Syrian rebels" to do the fighting in Syria that we don't want to do. We're all war weary you know. What did we get for our money, largely borrowed I might add? A fighting force consisting of 4 rebel fighters. Now, if George W had made a bone headed maneuver such as that, liberals would still be screaming about it. Much less if he had given the store to Iran, in a treaty that looks more like America holding a gun to her own head than stopping any kind of nuclear proliferation.

The Republicans are doing what they're supposed to be doing. Well, some of the time anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Republican Dysfunction? - by TheRealThing - 10-09-2015, 06:10 PM
Republican Dysfunction? - by Harry Rex Vonner - 10-09-2015, 07:23 PM
Republican Dysfunction? - by TheRealThing - 10-10-2015, 04:54 AM
Republican Dysfunction? - by RunItUpTheGut - 10-10-2015, 05:20 AM
Republican Dysfunction? - by Hoot Gibson - 10-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Republican Dysfunction? - by TheRealThing - 10-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Republican Dysfunction? - by Hoot Gibson - 10-10-2015, 05:11 PM
Republican Dysfunction? - by TheRealThing - 10-11-2015, 05:56 PM
Republican Dysfunction? - by ronald reagan - 10-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Republican Dysfunction? - by TheRealThing - 10-12-2015, 04:02 PM