Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forrest For the Trees
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, that reset button was among my first thoughts when I heard that Putin had not only bombed anti-Assad rebels, but the darn CIA camp where they were being trained. :igiveup:

But you're right, it is too late for that particular revelation. Obama proved his mettle when Assad crossed the now infamous "red line", using chemical weapons against his own people with zero repercussion. And Kerry his when he got laughed out of chambers during the negotiations between Israel and Hamas during last year's rocket barrage. IDK, maybe the calculus got changed to new/fuzzy math.

The vast majority of Americans do not understand what has happened in the world since Obama ascended. They don't get how the US withdrawal from her rightful role (and responsibility I might add) as leader on the world stage created a vacuum into which strode Russia, China, North Korea and the Arab World. I mean, the true believers are so naïve that they are about to hand nukes and money over to the Ayatollah. ABTW, did the obvious about Ash Carter's press conference strike anybody else? He repeated that Russia was making a strategic mistake in not running their military operations through the brass at the Pentagon over and over ad nauseum. Maybe it's just me but I think Putin would as soon spit on a US uniform as not. He's not about to coordinate a thing with pajama boy, even if he is offering hot chocolate. At any rate, I wasn't buying the 'we're the big boys charade' for a second.
Well said. Putin is a patriot. Obama is not. Putin acts in what he sees as the best interest of the citizens of his country. Obama is under the delusion that he is some sort of global leader who needs to set aside U.S. interests to benefit the citizens of Earth.

China and Russia are working on two fronts to displace the U.S. as the dominant power in the Middle East. It is not hard to imagine Obama abandoning the Middle East entirely before he leaves office. If that happens, our standard of living will nosedive. Eventually, this country will be forced to utilize our own fossil fuel reserves as Russia and China divide the Middle East's reserves. Of course, as long as a liberal Democrat resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., the U.S. government will continue its assault on the companies that mine and drill our own fossil fuels. Cheap energy has always been the primary driver of great civilizations and Obama is doing his best to give the Chinese and Russian industry a big edge in energy costs.
Messages In This Thread
Forrest For the Trees - by TheRealThing - 09-22-2015, 03:12 AM
Forrest For the Trees - by WideRight05 - 09-22-2015, 05:55 AM
Forrest For the Trees - by tvtimeout - 10-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Forrest For the Trees - by Hoot Gibson - 10-01-2015, 11:22 PM
Forrest For the Trees - by TheRealThing - 10-02-2015, 01:50 AM
Forrest For the Trees - by Granny Bear - 10-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Forrest For the Trees - by Stardust - 10-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Forrest For the Trees - by Hoot Gibson - 10-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Forrest For the Trees - by TheRealThing - 10-04-2015, 09:26 PM
Forrest For the Trees - by Motley - 10-07-2015, 05:57 PM
Forrest For the Trees - by Truth - 10-07-2015, 11:05 PM