Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Republican Presidential Debate
Granny Bear Wrote:If you could solely choose the President/Vice President duo to run, Hoot.....who would it be?
That is a very tough question, Granny. A few months ago, I might have said Cruz/Kasich to give Republicans a better chance to carry Ohio, but after watching Kasich whine and drone on and on about his role in the last balanced budget, I just don't think that I could stand listening to Kasich much longer.

Despite my reservations about Fiorina, I am beginning to think that she might be the perfect VP candidate in this election. I love the way that she has remained focused on attacking Hillary Clinton's deplorable record. I think that the Democratic ticket, with or without Clinton, will be so bad that any of the Republican candidates will be relatively bulletproof in comparison.

So, right now, my ideal ticket would probably be Cruz/Fiorina, but that might change depending on who wins the Democratic nomination. If Cruz were to turn Carly loose to attack Hillary's record at will, she would be a devastating campaigner.

For now, my second choice would be Cruz/Rubio, but only because Rubio might help Cruz carry the state of Florida. Rubio needs to deliver a heartfelt, convincing apology for his role in the Gang of Eight. I would have a hard time supporting him as the party's nominee until he does so.

Others that I would carefully consider, who are not presidential candidates include:

New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez
South Carolina Gov. Nicky Haley
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence
Messages In This Thread
Second Republican Presidential Debate - by 64SUR - 09-17-2015, 07:27 PM
Second Republican Presidential Debate - by 64SUR - 09-17-2015, 09:00 PM
Second Republican Presidential Debate - by 64SUR - 09-17-2015, 10:17 PM
Second Republican Presidential Debate - by Hoot Gibson - 09-19-2015, 04:00 PM