Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. and Taylor Co. Cited for Scrimmage Violations, fined and put on probation
Objective Wrote:Also it will be interesting what effect this has on camps state wide. I wonder if the KHSAA will actually be forced to crack down on them in the future and if schools will take this as writing on the wall that this won't be allowed any more ?

Guts....hypothetically... if your a head coach and participated in these type of camps up to this point, would you in the future ?

That's a good question objective. I think I would definitely wait a couple of years to see if they do indeed actually start cracking down on it.

I think a lot of the people (not all) that claims there team never scrimmages doesn't know exactly what goes on at camp. Back when we use to go to Gtown colleges camp every year, there would always be at least 10-15 other teams there at the same time. Every year, every one of those teams scrimmaged against another one of those teams at least once. Since that was over 15 years ago im not sure what happens in todays world, but I see a very large variety of teams from all over the state doing this. Not one time did the KHSAA ever pop there little heads in and do anything or say anything.
This is why it has me curious as to whether if you go to an official team camp that a college or institution puts on, is it really considered a scrimmage when you are there?
If two teams, like in this situation with Bell and Taylor call each other up and say, we'll come over and scrimmage, I understand whats going on there and see how that is a strict breaking of the rules.
However, if you go to a camp you or your school paid money to go to, and your full team is there, and you started "practicing" with another team obviously without official rules or refs or score board, is it still considered a scrimmage?
If so, I truly believe there is not one single football team in this state that has ever attended a summer camp who has not broken that rule. I could name of 40-50 teams that I remember and that's been 15-20 years ago.
Messages In This Thread
Bell Co. and Taylor Co. Cited for Scrimmage Violations, fined and put on probation - by RunItUpTheGut - 09-04-2015, 07:17 AM