Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. and Taylor Co. Cited for Scrimmage Violations, fined and put on probation
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Ironically, Whitley is a name I am hearing was in a camp similar to this around the same time.

Whitley, Middlesboro, and Corbin are three names I have heard that were scrimmaging in camp when they were not supposed to..nothing confirmed by any means.. but the person who clued me in on all this earlier this week specifically listed those teams as well.

Although not true, I find it hard to believe any coach would be stupid enough to scrimmage the two teams they play first in the season. I just don't see any benefits from that. If Whitley didn't play those two teams I could see where people might think something like that is possible due to proximity, but it just doesn't seem like a smart plan to give the two teams you play first a look at what you got.

One thing I am curious about are these so called "lineman" camps. There was a thread on here last year about North Laurel and Harlan County putting a lineman camp on together that involved a lot of very small lineman and a couple of QB like lineman as well. Who knows if it was true. Seems like it would be easy considering father and son could get together without much risk, but I still find it hard to believe anyone would try that.
But my question about these lineman camps is pretty simple. Camps like Joe Prince use to put on over in Owensboro in June (it may still go on I don't know) and camps in South Carolina and Tennessee that a lot of these schools send there lineman too goes full pads in June. You are talking about several teams in this state going full pad scrimmaging in June and supposedly that's okay. Ive seen these camps with my own two eyes. They take one teams offensive line and pit it against the defensive line from another school. The only difference in it and a scrimmage is that there is not ball handler but I have seen several line a smaller lineman up back there while a coach takes a snap and hands it off and its full go. There is absolutely no difference in that and a scrimmage unless there is some privilege given to camps.
There the potential for a much contact in 7 on 7 as in real games as well but real games might be better because you have the safety of the pads.

I think the real problem is doing it when you know you shouldn't be. The taping is what got these two busted. I would venture to say at least 75% of the members posting on this thread saying there school didn't scrimmage probably really believed they didn't but don't know that actually, they did.
Messages In This Thread
Bell Co. and Taylor Co. Cited for Scrimmage Violations, fined and put on probation - by RunItUpTheGut - 09-04-2015, 01:10 AM