Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't wait to see the things that won't get in.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I've been in a constant struggle with my faith for the last 15 years. I find myself pushing God away when I don't have the ability to understand his plan. I also have a hard time accepting the fact that someone can be saved one week and the next week turnaround and murder their entire family, yet still be allowed into heaven. My question for you would be, What's at stake if either you or Pulp is wrong? What does Pulp lose after death if he is wrong. What do you stand to lose after death if you are wrong?

Though no man can say he truly understands the concept of eternity, your question has eternal ramifications. If one chooses to reject Christ as Lord and Savior, he has rejected the only means God has provided for him to escape eternal judgment. Likewise, if one chooses to bow before God trusting in Christ's blood, which was shed for all mankind while He was being flogged and beaten by the Roman Guard and while He hung on the cross, God has promised to honor Jesus' sacrifice by forgiving that person. None the less, I would offer this analogy to describe eternity. We are born into and now live in the physical realm, the universe. And yet the universe gives us an example of eternity, something without beginning or end. That would be space itself. It would be ludacris to suggest that the starting point of space begins once one leaves the surface of our planet, though we would technically at that point be in space. I would challenge anybody to explain where space begins or ends. I mean, is space not a boundless expanse with no end? So is eternity, and so is God, Who has always been here and will always be here.

All men were born with the knowledge of God within them. They know of God through the Creation, and they know of God through the witness of their own spirit. Hence it is the intention of all men early in life, before they commit enough wrong to sear their own conscience with a hot iron, to make things right with the Lord. The longer men wait, and the more of the road of life that is put into their rearview, the harder it becomes for them to yield. Not only that, for any man to be saved God must be calling him. The Scripture is clear on this matter, there is a period in every man's life when he is called, so none are without excuse.

However, though all men are called, not all accept. In fact, "few there be that find it."
Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

There are a lot of people who will try to fake salvation for a while, many can fake it for a very long while, but, that doesn't mean they've ever been saved. The great lie that Satan fathered in the beginning was that men who do good are the ones who will be saved. The truth of Scripture is that only those who trust in Jesus Christ, believing in His substitutionary death on the cross, will be saved. Doing the will of the Father comes after salvation and is the result of his having been supernaturally changed. God changes the nature of those He saves; 2 Corinthians 5:17 (KJV)
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

The work of salvation is no small miracle, and it is performed entirely by God Himself. All men do is choose Him and trust Him. It is at that point that men are blessed with a new nature. Respectfully, salvation is the purview of God and making arguments which serve to stretch the limits of salvation is rather useless. At any rate, though it may be remotely possible, owing to their 'new nature' it is highly unlikely that somebody who is truly saved can or would murder their own family.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
I can't wait to see the things that won't get in. - by TheRealThing - 05-04-2015, 03:51 AM