Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Central Catholic @ Shelby Valley 11/28 2A Semi Finals
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Still sticking with my initial thoughts.

This is a far cry from some of the NewCath teams of the past decade.... but I think SV has a real hard time with their athleticism and speed.

With that said.. I honestly think NC fans are about to feel very uncomfortable watching this game. Definitely over valuing NewCath and under valuing SV. I actually think SV is a better team than Newport. Better up front and better defensively. They dont have the playmaker that Price is, but they are better as a committee.

The balance of NC I think will be too much to overcome and the enormity of the game is foreign to SV and old hat to the Breds. Special teams I think could be a difference maker as well

Still liking NC by about 11-14 with Valley giving a gutty effort that earns respect.

I can respect that assessment. I think the home-field / long bus ride factor may give Valley a small advantage, but that is canceled out by the huge edge in experience by NewCath.

My prediction is that Valley hangs tough for most of the game but loses in the end by a TD. I am planning on going to the game on Friday, so hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

Go Valley!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Newport Central Catholic @ Shelby Valley 11/28 2A Semi Finals - by More Cowbell - 11-24-2014, 08:49 PM