Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Central Catholic @ Shelby Valley 11/28 2A Semi Finals
After watching some NCC game footage here is my opinion.
*NCC is quick and has a great O-line
*Key players - #23 Nate Enslen - Great hands and speed, made some great catches against Newport.
#3 Jacob Smith - Playmaker is what comes to mind, Great speed and versatility. Can cut on a dime and make something out of busted play.
*NCC D-line looks to be average, maybe slightly above average (reminds me of Somersets strong athletic line) tho I did spot some weakness on the defense. With that being said, here are the things SV needs to do if they want a chance at going to state.
Sv - Needs to limit fumbles (NCC will capitalize)
Get the ball to the outside (seems to be the weakness in their D) I see Kasey Tackett having a BIG game if he can continue getting to the outside.
Tho SV doesn't throw the ball much Short routes like screens 5-n-outs or quick slants will get them easy 5 yards as it seems NCC Db's like a 8-10 yard cushion, that will keep NCC on thier toes and out of the box for Sv's run game to take over
Containing #3, if he gets to the outside he's as good as gone also #23 needs to be played tightly due to his great hands and speed.
Hit low and wrap up, NCC is fast and can break arm tackles easily.

I love my Wildcats but if SV cant do this I see NCC big, but if they come to play, this will be another GREAT game to watch

I think SV will come to play, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain
SV-20
NCC-18
Messages In This Thread
Newport Central Catholic @ Shelby Valley 11/28 2A Semi Finals - by RB#2 - 11-24-2014, 12:46 AM