Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg @ Hazard 11-21( Region Championship )
baseball1974 Wrote:I think you know I was joking......

Reality is that Williamsburg definitely has the best odds to come out of the east. It will end up being two weeks of stressful football to get there, but if you put their top 3 offensive threats up against the remaining teams in the east, I'm not sure anyone left has the talent to match them. Raceland's secondary can shut down anyone's passing game in 1A and overall could have the best defense left, but I wonder if any of them have enough to stop a a descent running game. Raceland didn't have that bad of numbers, but the three teams they played with descent running backs all had well over 200+ yards on the ground, two of them over 280. Even though Hazard put up 36 on Pikeville, they still let Pikeville put up over 360 yards rushing against them. Hazard has gotten a whole lot better with their run defense, but they also haven't seen any great running backs or even a great O-line at that. Paintsville gave Shelby Valley one of their two losses, but Shelby Valley still put up 347 yards against them. It just seems like the teams left haven't done well stopping the run when the team their playing have a descent running game, and at this point that is all you'll see. That's why I think Williamsburg has the best odds over everyone else.

Hazard has seen some good backs this year, I know Williamsburg has some good physical backs but I just don't see them running the ball that much because they like to throw it.
Messages In This Thread
Williamsburg @ Hazard 11-21( Region Championship ) - by bac2369 - 11-20-2014, 08:13 AM