Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desperate Appeal to Low Information Voters
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I enjoyed your tirade concerning the virtues of union membership. I suppose that my experience, as a former member of two labor unions, led me to conclude that I, shall we say, don't "look for the union label".

Now one last statement concerning my proposal to limit voting to those who actually contribute to the operation of the republic. To accomplish my end, a constitutional amendment would be required. We have had several amendments concerning voting so the precedence is established. Do I believe the US Congress and the states will pass and ratify such an amendment? No. We have produced a large population of dependents. If Obama paves the road for all the illegals to someday be citizens, most all of them will be dependents. Therefore, most all of them will be Democrats. The Democrats and the dependents scratch each other's backs. Democrats provide welfare for the dependents and, in return, dependents continue to vote for Democrats. That is how modern day US politics works.

Is there really anything that can be done about it? Probably not. Once people are kept by the government, you cannot turn back the clock. Will it effect me or my family financially? Directly- no. However, the majority of those who work for a living can't reach that same result. thus, indirectly, it effects me and my family because of the damage such a system does to the foundation of the country.
Laborer and pipe fitter?
Messages In This Thread
Desperate Appeal to Low Information Voters - by TheRealVille - 10-29-2014, 01:43 AM