Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just how good is the young Mayfield defense?
mysonis55 Wrote:Might have something to do with the fact that this is a very predominately east site. If someone says good things about us or for that matter any west team, you guys flock in attack mode. Year after year when I mention that PT is good, here comes the flock. When I mention McCracken as being good, here comes the flock. When I say something about Caldwell or Murray, same thing. The funny thing is that if you checked this site at the beginning of the year you would think Williamsburg was the defending champs by all the chirping. But if I or anyone says a thing good about the real defending champs, here it goes. But yet, I am the one in the wrong. I love high school football and follow it more than most. My team is very much the center of my research and I know more than almost anyone about Mayfield since 1995. I have followed them around the state missing maybe a hand full of games and when I did, listening on the radio. So, I think when I say this defense is exceptional, I have a very good basis for my opinion.

You are A fan of A school that has been very successful, I see where you have
listed all these reasons, and you are actually pretty good at it, so I am going to ask you to show us the one thing that you seem to overlook. That is the size of your school (male student body) compared to the teams you have beaten. I know that when you played Williamsburg last year, you were actually A 2A school. not THE SIZE OF EVERY ONE ELSE. in 1A. KHSAA lets size of school lag for about 3 years before they change it. By the way Williamsburg is the 1st or second smallest school in KY> that plays football, Mayfield is the Largest school in KY. That KHSAA allows to play 1A football. I think that the enrollment of male students in any school is the single most telling Effect as to how well they will preform on the athletic field in any sport. You my good athletic friend or Fan are 2A playing in 1A- competition. As Bill Orily says where am I wrong. Do some research on that, You do great research. Well informed, Like 64sure.
Messages In This Thread
Just how good is the young Mayfield defense? - by topnotch - 10-19-2014, 08:45 AM