Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Postseason Play... Right or Privilege???
KYcoach Wrote:Just consider yourselves lucky in the state of Kentucky to have the system you have. I coached in Kentucky after being in Indiana for my entire life and loved the system. I ended up back home in Indiana and I am with a good program. Being with a good program is where the problem lies.

In Indiana, the playoff is a blind draw. Every single team makes the playoffs and then ping pong balls (like the lottery) determine who plays who and where they play. If you are a terrible team you like it because you have a chance to draw another bad team and possibly get a playoff win. When you are with a good program like I am fortunate enough to have been, you hate it because you get screwed more often than not. This year, we got screwed (as we have the past 4). We finished 3rd in our conference at 6-2 and drew the second place team for the first round, on the road of course. If we win? A date with the 1st place team. Meanwhile, the 4 other teams in our sectional? All losing records, meaning the third round of the playoffs will feature a team with a losing record against a minimum 8 win team.

I'll take Kentucky's system any day!

If memory serves me correctly...
Didn't Lawrence County have to travel to Mayfield for a playoff game??? This was Kentucky's trial on the blind draw that lasted one season.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Messages In This Thread
Postseason Play... Right or Privilege??? - by HDE - 10-15-2014, 06:03 AM
Postseason Play... Right or Privilege??? - by Pulp Fiction - 10-15-2014, 07:32 PM