Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Postseason Play... Right or Privilege???
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Up until 3/4 years ago, maybe longer, it was the top two teams. Then realignment, extended season, starting middle of Aug. I personally like WV point system. I believe they have 3 classes. If a 1 class beats a 3 class they get extra points. If a 3 beats a 1 no extra points. End of season w/l and points added up for playoffs. Maybe someone from WV could shed some light.

For a couple of years, they changed the playoffs to where teams from the same district played in the first and second round to determine the district champion. Then, you went on to the region title game to play the winner from the opposite district.
I think they only done that for two years, like in 06 and 07. It was set up similar to basketball.

As for the two teams comment, there has always been four teams from each district making the playoffs in the four class system up until now. I don't ever remember only two teams from each district being taken
Messages In This Thread
Postseason Play... Right or Privilege??? - by RunItUpTheGut - 10-15-2014, 05:43 AM
Postseason Play... Right or Privilege??? - by HDE - 10-15-2014, 06:03 AM