Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking strength of schedules for top 8 1a teams
mysonis55 Wrote:Alright, let me try to sort this out. First of all, you seem to be trying to play victim here and acting as though I have slighted Pikeville in some way. I don't get it but, here is what has gone on. First I checked the Lit ratings of what I considered to be the top 8 teams in 1a, at that point. I only went to 8 because once you get south of that, well it's just not as tough. I took each teams schedule for the regular season. I averaged the Lit rating of each of those teams and used the rating to rank them in order. I did not make up the schedules or the Lit ratings. You can do the math and come up with the same thing. Of course, now the ratings have changed, so it is probably different. I never said Pikeville didn't play a tough schedule or anything else derogatory about them. When I averaged these games out Mayfield came in first, followed by Beechwood and then Pikeville. That is for the whole season. This apparently upset someone. I then went back and did the schedule of what had been played to that point and that changed it a little bit. I really only did this from a mathematical standpoint. Then you came in and began telling us that Pikeville had played the toughest schedule by far and it was not even close. You based that on the records of opponents, I think. I pointed out that records are not the tell all. You didn't like that and continued. You seem to make reference to the fact at some point that you do not think I should make threads telling how good Mayfield is, because we are the defending champions. I never put anything in this thread anywhere to state that Mayfield was better. I posted another thread about our defense, because, quiet frankly it is shocking to me just how good they are this year. I will say that I am not going to stop talking about my team just because you feel that I shouldn't be allowed to since we are the defending champions. Before you say you never did this, I want you to ponder these posts.

Page 1 Post 19
You said about Pikeville's schedule being the best "It's not even close". Which I, the Lit computers, and many other posters tend to disagree with.
"Out of state teams are irrelevant because none of them are even in the top ten in their classes". I don't see where this matters because I did not include their rating in this and Beechwood played a very tough large school that is undefeated out of Ohio. So the rating Beechwood had was without using that team. I think they do matter though, a big school that is undefeated and pretty solid.
Then you want to claim that I'm taking things personal but in this same post you state, "I don't understand why I'm always having to defend them".

Post #25

I am the one you say is attacking you but this is what you write. "You really don't know much about northern Ky football or half the teams you're speaking of. Exaggeration, exaggeration and more exaggeration." (basically calling me a liar once again) For your information, I should know a bit about northern Ky football since I have seen 2 of their teams on a regular basis over the past 5 years and a third one last year. I also use the internet to watch them.

Then you state about Mayfield's schedule, "their schedule is not comparable no matter how much you try to inflate everyone on your schedule". I disagree, Lit disagrees and many posters on here disagree. EKU went so far as to lay out a spill on here just to give you and understanding as well. Also, how are you basing that statement, using the old records again. Once again that is not the tell all. You obviously have not seen these teams play.

Page 2 Post 42

You made the statement about my posts on Mayfield's schedule, "only shows how terrified you are to play us (Pikeville)". Really, do you think with us playing the bigger schools in our area and the experiences we have had this year and in the past that we are afraid. I hope your team thinks that if we make it to BG.

So, I can't quiet understand your victimization. I cannot understand how my posting something that comes down to simple math should upset you. I did not point out any teams. Williamsburg has the most to be upset about in this thread, they have had a rough time with strength of schedule, but they are not taking offense, you are. So, where is all of this coming from?

This conversation has been over with. I'm sure I said things as well in retaliation I apologize. No need for this to continue.
Messages In This Thread
Ranking strength of schedules for top 8 1a teams - by baseball1974 - 10-02-2014, 10:54 PM