Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 KYMSFA State Championship Brackets
Greyhound Wrote:Corbin is the overall favorite in D1. The state champ will without a doubt come out of Region 4. I don't know much about Clark County but they got a lot of love for never ever playing in this tournament before. You have Corbin who is the 7th grade State Champs a year ago and Johnson County was most likely the second best team in the state in 7th and now both of those teams are undefeated with history, but Clark County is seeded higher then both. Clark County may be awesome we will just have to see.

I have no fix for this, but its really hard for a school like Johnson County Middle School to get the same points as a team from Lexington or Louisville because of geography. They sit as a big school surrounded by all little schools and have to travel three hours to play a game that would get them the points they need to increase their seed. Just makes it tough.

Not complaining just stating a problem. The association does the best they can given the circumstances I just wish there was some type of mandated games that teams had to play for the seed. But I do understand that middle schools would buck on this especially if they can't play a bunch of D1 schools that aren't very good and get their points up. It's just a geography problem.

Johnson Co problem is the same issue Paducah has out in Region 1 as a D2, makes things tough.
Messages In This Thread
2014 KYMSFA State Championship Brackets - by plantmanky - 10-02-2014, 02:57 PM