Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would make KY HS football better overall
PHSForever Wrote:Irish, while I don't necessarily agree completely with the line of thought, I think their argument is that a greater exposure to a larger part of the population would generate more excitement overall, and therefore more support and incentive, which would theoretically lead to better play (due to focus). I think the easiest analogy is to equate it to college football here. When UK (for a few years there and hopefully more soon) and UL and EKU are all doing well, it seems to generate more excitement state wide. I'm not ignoring the other colleges, just using these as an example. Basically, "a rising tide lifts all boats" theory.

I've made no secret that I think the championships should be at EKU or Lexington due to the more centralized location (ergo, easier to reach a grater population for what I call "day trippers", those who will drive over just to watch certain teams even if they aren't really fans of those teams, like those who want to see Damien Harris or some other good player, etc). It is difficult for people to drive 5-6 hours depending on where they live, to watch a game sometimes. In Lexington or Richmond, you would generally be within 3 hours drive of probably 85% of the state population. That's a little more manageable and justifiable for a lot of people. More than that and you are likely looking at added expense such as overnight stay and so forth.

Anyway, I think that first paragraph of mine is the basic gist of why people think moving the championship game would make KY football better. While I'm not 100% sure that is THE answer, it should be considered.

Well don't get me wrong I do believe they should be played at a centrally located place, it would make the experience better for everyone. But I respect your opinion just disagree that it in anyway would raise the talent level that you would see on the field.
Messages In This Thread
What would make KY HS football better overall - by irishcard16 - 10-01-2014, 07:57 PM