Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking strength of schedules for top 8 1a teams
mysonis55 Wrote:I don't think anyone is saying that Pikeville isn't good. This is simply the ranking of strength of schedule. Theirs is near the top.

No matter what ranking system you use Pikeville has played the better schedule. Its not even that close really. One or two teams being good here and there doesn't cut it. Pikeville's opponents are 7 games over .500. There are only two other teams besides Pikeville out of the list whose opponents have a winning record. The out of state teams are irrevelant because none of them are even in the top 10 of their class. It may end up different by the time the season is over and done, but as of right now in the season they've played the toughest schedule by far.

I don't understand why I'm always having to defend them? I didn't even go to school there. I don't understand the psychy behind fellow eastern KY people not being happy for a team that is playing better than anyone. You should be just as proud as you are for your own team. I'm sure whomever goes to bowling green from 1A the pikeville fans will be routing for. There's no reason to try and justify something like strength of schedule when one team has clearly played the better opponents. It just makes no sense for that kind of discussion when the only intent is to try and discredit a fellow mountain team that is having a great season.
Messages In This Thread
Ranking strength of schedules for top 8 1a teams - by baseball1974 - 09-29-2014, 03:31 PM