Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest football player in your schools history?
HAROLD Wrote:I'm trying to think of some from Corbin. My memory isn't working too well so some of the really fast guys that I can think of would be Eric Blackwood around 2006 and Mike Neal around 2000. Blackwood may have been around 4.64 or 4.65 and was a heck of an athlete but Neal may have been the most impressive. He was about 5'9" 210-215 fullback that would kick it in gear and be gone. His 40 time may have been around 4.72 (guessing) but on the top end, he was hard to catch. I'm sure he could dip down in the 4.6's on occasion but people don't realize how fast that is.

Just the other day, I was watching some combine on ESPNU called The Opening. It had Damien Harris and the elite of the elite in this years' high school class. You would see an occasional 4.5 but those were few and far between. With the exception of 2 or 3 in this thread, I'd probably add .3 or .4 to every time.

Neal's 100 time was far more impressive than his 40 time. He seemed to keep picking up speed. Blackwood was fast, but Jeremy Ware had more straight line speed. I know after high school Ware's 40 was around the 4.4 range.
Messages In This Thread
Fastest football player in your schools history? - by goBIGblue82 - 07-24-2014, 08:29 AM