Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Ind. boys basketball drama!
Bear Claw..you know as well as I do that this goes on at BOTH school systems. There isn't a whole lot can be done when a parent wants their kid playing NOW and Harlan Ind is just sitting there starving for any talent that comes their way. I agree, if a kid (and a parent) were smart they would wait. Obviously, if a kid is serious about whatever sport, he/she will get much better playing against tougher competition that the bigger school provides. Unfortunately, parents and kids are looking for instant results even if it is a false sense of accomplishment. For example, Harlan Ind picked up a marginal kid (won't mention his name) that had potential to really improve and help the county as a junior and a senior. No doubt, if he stayed he would have been much better with all the county has to offer. However, he and his parents chose to attend Harlan where he has seen some playing time as a freshman. He's playing terrible competition both in practice and in games, but in their eyes he is playing, scoring, etc. This kid will not meet his full potential IMO, but it's what the parent wants. I wouldn't say the incident at the game was hilarious. I would say it is sad. I know the kid has had issues in the past, but he and his parents also had adults promising this kid things they knew they couldn't deliver. I actually for sorry for the kid and his parents to some degree. I'm sure they didn't realize they were leaving a far more talented team with far more proven coaches, and were basically listening to the wrong people. I wish the kid the best..whatever he does!!
Messages In This Thread
Harlan Ind. boys basketball drama! - by bear claw - 02-16-2014, 04:21 PM
Harlan Ind. boys basketball drama! - by rojas - 02-16-2014, 07:11 PM
Harlan Ind. boys basketball drama! - by BIG TONY - 02-16-2014, 07:20 PM
Harlan Ind. boys basketball drama! - by rojas - 02-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Harlan Ind. boys basketball drama! - by Patriot - 02-16-2014, 07:35 PM
Harlan Ind. boys basketball drama! - by rojas - 02-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Harlan Ind. boys basketball drama! - by bear claw - 02-16-2014, 09:57 PM
Harlan Ind. boys basketball drama! - by TheProfessor33 - 02-16-2014, 10:33 PM
Harlan Ind. boys basketball drama! - by rojas - 02-17-2014, 04:59 AM
Harlan Ind. boys basketball drama! - by HDE - 02-17-2014, 09:19 AM
Harlan Ind. boys basketball drama! - by The_Rock - 02-18-2014, 02:47 PM