Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia has article in Lexington Herald 12/18/13
WALL2WALL Wrote:It has been a while since i discussed this topic of recruiting. We all know they are doing it and whether you agree with it or disagree with it i want to express something that I read. Some people have posted on here talking about the Cordia community getting some backbone and sticking up for the Cordia kids. I want to ask the people of BGR a question, what is a true Cordia student? Cordia is a P-12 school, is a true Cordia student a student who started from pre-school and went their entire life at Cordia? If that is the case their isn't one true Cordia kid on the team. If that is the case I am no true Cordia Lion.

I enrolled at Cordia as a freshman. We had a player who transfered from PCC named Eric Combs, Josh Mosley transfered from KCC. Josh Taylor enrolled at Cordia when he was in the 7th or 8th grade, not for sure which year exactly. Two Juniors on our team graduated from Emmalena before they enrolled at Cordia their Freshman year. Looking back I think we only had four players who attended Cordia from pre-school on. So again I ask you what is a true Cordia student?

The majority of these transfers are one year players but some have been two years and some have been three years. So i ask this question, what is the difference between me enrolling at Cordia after graduating from a Perry County grade school and these new kids? I say this, these students are just much a Cordia Lion as me and every teammate i had in my four years. The Cordia community has embraced these kids and welcomed them into their families. I have seen these players address some women in the community as their second mothers. These same women see these players as sons. I was at the celebration at the school after the game and that place was packed and everybody had smiles on their faces. The community is proud of this team bringing the school its first regional title.

So again I read that the Cordia community needs to get some backbone and stand up for their kids, they have already been doing so sticking up for these new players and new families within the cordia community. I sucked so nobody cared that i went to Cordia, but now that their are good players their people are against it.

The majority of the kids that are not transfers started at Cordia their freshman year. So i say again, no player on that team is more or less a Cordia Lion as any past Cordia Lion. That is my opinion anyway.

Now i am not saying that what is going on is wrong or right, all i am saying is these kids ar Cordia kids whether you like it or not. Alice Slone, Alice Whitaker's aunt who founded the school, wanted the school for the Lotts Creek community and she embraced all the students who came to the school to learn. There is no doubt in my mind that Alice Slone would be just as proud or maybe even more proud than any Cordia fan on Lotts Creek, and there is no doubt in my mind that she would also accept these kids into the Lotts Creek Community.
Sometimes it takes a young person such as yourself to make us grown folks stop and pay attention to what's important here. Thank you for taking the time out to speak from your heart!
Messages In This Thread
Cordia has article in Lexington Herald 12/18/13 - by MissB - 01-20-2014, 09:24 PM