Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia has article in Lexington Herald 12/18/13
the crossover Wrote:Really it's not that Hines is old new it's sad that he and the others got caught up in this mess. These kids happen to be student athletes with parents that obviously care and that's the sin? What I find really annoying is that KHSAA have these kids living in wait because there rule states that the father and son does not constitute a legitimate move...... Excuse me but with all of young black males who do not have fathers or even father figures in their live this should be praised rather than cursed. I honestly feel regardless as to what individual feels are we must practice speaking FACTS ONLY!!!!! Fact Malik left because he has college basketball dreams and no matter how good of a player he without academics there is no college andk without court time there is no recruitment. And this is killing Oritz (he is a Senior). So for Chapman and Ortiz is it the reverse........ If the kids and their fathers have moved how is that any different than CC move with his mother....... both are parents all should be eligible. Really it sound like a case of discrimination to me KHSAA lawyers should be praying this is the suit..... easy win notify your KHSAA official they might want to rethink that ruling.:Sad04::Sad04:

This is what I think:

1) Hines left because a player of his caliber could go to any prep school and play right away and it shouldn't hurt his college situation. Smart move by Hines!! He probably should have done that from the start.

2) Ortiz is a senior that doesn't have a lot of interest from college so he stays because he really has nothing to lose.

3) Chapman is only a jr and will play under an injuction if allowed. If he gets ruled ineligible for his senior season then he just goes outside of Ky and plays his senior year.

4) I think Cordia is filing the injuction for those 2 players because Rhodes truly doesn't think he has a team that can win it this season. He thinks he is close but truly thinks these 2 bigs will put him over the hump. I think he is feeling the heat from everyone around him including his own Lotts Creekers!

5) Don't bring race into this issue. Right is right and wrong is wrong. I feel like I do everything I can for my son. I don't feel I need praise for that, it's what your suppose to do as a black or white parent. It's called responsibility!!! These parents should have checked the KHSAA rules b4 believing what ppl tell them and moving a 1000 miles.

Last thing: I truly believe most of these kids were lied to so they would come all the way to Cordia. I truly don't think they knew what they were getting n2 at all w/ the KHSAA. That part to me is sad. I think the kids should just straight up tell the truth to the KHSAA and whatever happens let it happen.
Messages In This Thread
Cordia has article in Lexington Herald 12/18/13 - by ballstar - 01-19-2014, 12:37 AM