Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paducah Tilghman Coach Randy Wyatt resigns
Chuck Smith may be a long shot, but PT would be a fool not to at least reach out to him.
If he is interested at all at a HC position in HS, Tilghman would have a lot of positives going for it. For instance, Calipari has been quoted as saying " I was waiting for my phone to ring" when UK hired Gillespie.

Shawn Berner could be an interesting possibility, I am not sure that he actually retired but stepped aside to pursue other interests. So maybe those interests have changed?
You will not know unless you speak to the man.

Pat Gates- Hmmmm- I do not even know where he is at now?
Didn't he have a gig with Rawlings?

Steve Duncan is an interesting candidate, he has done well at Murray, but I worry at times his offense is a touch old school. Maybe that is just a personnel issue. I would hope a new PT coach would want to maximize our speed potential.

None the less, my point is --open this hiring process up--.
Go after a QUALIFIED coach with PROVEN HC experience.
Post this job nationally and see what kind of interest you can get, WKY is a desireable place to bring a family and/or retire. AND, reach out to some of the aforementioned coaches and others that you think may fit the bill.
Swing for the fences, make a big-time hire, do not settle for some mediocre local yocal who is a "great guy".
A great coach WOULD put PT back into the spot it needs to be-
Messages In This Thread
Paducah Tilghman Coach Randy Wyatt resigns - by truebluefan89 - 12-12-2013, 08:26 AM