Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paducah Tilghman Coach Randy Wyatt resigns
Tica Wrote:I have seen Chuck Smith's name mentioned, but PT would have to pay dearly to get him and I strongly doubt any interest on his part. Lawson for several reasons would not be a good fit @ PT. I have been impressed with what Steven Carter has been able to do @ Union County and he had a solid background before that as DC @ Crittenden Co. Myers @ Russellville consistently builds good teams from a small student population but has also has an administrator's title there so I doubt he would leave. Lovelace is probably content @ Christian Co but typically has a very competitive program. John Edge @ OC has built fierce teams; Steve Duncan @ Murray HS has done an outstanding job.

My suggestion: Could PT lure Shawn Berner out of coaching retirement? Proven winner and dynasty builder @ FC (112-31). I doubt it. That's who I would go after first.

I do not think PT is a job for someone who has not been a head coach before. There is a (mostly dormant) alumni base. Fans and the community have a tepid embrace of the program. There are lots of behavioral and attitudinal factors for a coach to get his arms around. You will have a lot on your plate.

Chuck Smith's name will be rumored with every single high profile open position.
Messages In This Thread
Paducah Tilghman Coach Randy Wyatt resigns - by EKUAlum05 - 12-11-2013, 02:21 PM