Poll: Who wins the title
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
55.74%
Wayne County
44.26%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13)
smoke1015 Wrote:Stats, Wayne has some of the top stats in the state this year. Wayne is ranked higher in state and nationally than Belfry right now. Common opponent this season, Wayne defeated Southwestern by 22, Belfry defeated Southwestern by 11. Southwestern has the top passing offense in the state, QB and WR's. There's your stats (not saying that equals a win, but you asked).

And yes, Wayne played a bad game against Central with some mistakes and barely lost. Belfry seemed to play a really good game and lost, and it was what, 2 points difference? There is no 2nd to be honest, you're champ or you're not. Belfry was the next to last man standing, only cause Central played Wayne one game sooner. Had Wayne played Belfry last year, it would have came down to the wire and either team could have won, but I believe Wayne was just as good as Belfry. People may not want that to be the case, but the stats, the scores, they totally make a strong case for it.

I've seen some pish-poshing some wins, like Bell county. And Bell was down, at the first of the season but they came on like crazy towards the end. They have lost to Harlan and Central but both scores were very close. I just don't understand fans. Belfry is a good team, GREAT program, plus they are young. But to try to explain Wayne's season away as bad opposition, or to deny they were really, really good last year, doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't help putting out false info, it doesn't help me to put out false info and numbers, to help Wayne to win, nor will it help Belfry. 2 teams will meet on the field, and the better team will win. If Belfry wins handily, then I suppose some of you were right, and I guess Wayne was the 3rd best last year, 2nd best this year. If not, maybe, just maybe, Wayne was in Belfry's league last year, and are better than them this year. Only a few days left to find out. I'll leave out the snickering emoticon. ha

Saying just as good or in our league wasn't the phrase that was disputed. You said they were the 2nd best team last year in your other post. There's a difference. I don't think any Belfry fan would argue what you just said, myself included, about last years Wayne County team and this years team.

The good thing is we won't have to wonder after Friday night because a new champ will be crowned. By the way, I'm pretty sure Wayne is favored and I absolutely feel they've earned that right.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13) - by Leonidas - 11-30-2013, 09:09 PM