Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
footballfever Wrote:Football doesn't even bring in enough $$ to pay the football coaching salaries. It probably cost $40,000-50,000 a year to run just the HS football program. Whitley be lucky to clear $20,000 at gate for HS games. If it wasn't for booster club and fund raisers football couldn't exist.
It cost $400 just to put helmet, shoulder pads, pants, cleats and mouth piece on a player.
Gut, football doesn't even come close to paying for itself at any school if you are talking about gate receipts. Booster club is only way it survives.

Isn't that just what I said? I don't recall ever mentioning that the football gate money pays for everything. I did say Bingo and Booster clubs did. And they do. I dont know how what your'e saying is different than what im saying.

I think where were different is the fact that football is why the boosters are there. If it werent for the football program, you wouldn't have boosters and you wouldn't have any other sports.

Lets think about how much it cost to run a baseball, girls bball, soccer, volleyball, track, golf, and softball, and everything else.
All of those sports combined dont raise enough money to keep one of them alive.
Messages In This Thread
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley? - by RunItUpTheGut - 11-24-2013, 09:25 PM