Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic 42 Johnson Central 14 final
Kayaker Wrote:I thought this was a game thread. After reading the last 4 pages, it seems more like another episode of As The World Turns. Never the less, I want to congratulate Cov Cath on flat out being the better team. If this game was played 10 times, I think you would win 10 times. A healthy Cov Cath team is a very good team. I think I and most of the JC faithful lost sight of that. Your 2 losses, highlands and Moller would be losses too just about any team in the state. The return of Bir in the backfield was huge for the colonels. This may be the best I have seen there run game since the 06 semifinal game at JC. Just a huge offensive line that blocks til the whistle blows.

JC on the other hand has nothing to be ashamed of. You all played a good game just ran into a better team. It's ashame that had to happen in the 2nd round but that's the nature of this class. I think it would be fair to say Class 4A is top to bottom the most competitive class in the KHSAA. And Region 4 is the toughest of its Class. Although I look up to and respect the opinion and Knowledge of Hoot I have to disagree on a few points.

First JC needs to update its philosophies. I don't mean that u have to totally have to abandon the wishbone or belly read offense but you have to make a spread offense more of a priority. Simply because a spread offense is much harder to defend. IMO a spread offense can make average teams appear to be great teams. One on one match ups are tougher to defend and give you more chances at creating match ups than bunching everyone inside. You saw Cov Cath spread JC's defense and gash them with the draw plays all night, this is out of design. How good could Belcher and Workman be in a spread next year running draws? Just think about it.

Next we have to schedule tougher. It may not be easy but it's a must. Tougher competition shows your weaknesses before its do or die. It's gonna come with long drives and possible losses but it will make this program better. I don't think it's a coincidence that JC had there best year and team IMO the year was in 2010 when they had Boyle, Bell, Breahitt, and Belfry on the schedule. They were battle tested and had some of there weaknesses exposed.

And last developing more depth. Being able to platoon players is gonna give u an added edge. With the incoming talent through the middle school and freshman levels this has to be an emphasis. A fresh player is a better player. Having guys playing both sides of the ball has caught up to JC against upper level teams.

Still I am proud of the effort and resilience this JC team showed this season. You make me proud to be a JC alumni and fan of this program.

Yeah right, aren't you a real good one to talk. Aren't you the REAL PIECE OF WORK that likes to get on the pricks site and try to make the coach of the school that you "claim" to root for look just as bad as you can possibly make him, and then get on here and try to make everybody think you're a JC Superfan.....Excuse me while I go puke!!

Even if you did think that Matney didn't go about something in the right way, have you ever heard that whatever happens in the locker room, stays in the locker room? I'll bet you felt like you were really "one of the boys", didn't you?
Messages In This Thread
Covington Catholic 42 Johnson Central 14 final - by Bob Seger - 11-17-2013, 05:57 PM