Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
BDC Wrote:Be careful with what you are teaching when winning is the only thing that matters in early grades. It is hard to predict who the best players are going to be at young ages. Also the current elementary system that Whitley has pits schools that are very large against teams that are very small (and can bearly field a team). What is this developing? The Two seperate middle school ideas would be great, but it would take a lot of coaches. The more students are involved in the younger grades will lead to increased high school participation. Student participation has been and is a problem for a school the size of Whitley High School.
Depends on how good you want a team and what are you willing to give up in order to do that. I was talking about 2 middle school teams. First day of practice they have 70 to 80 players show up ever year. after sitting on their
helments and watching other kids practice for a while they drop off to about 25. I also think that it would work well in the Whitley intermediant They Have enough kids to more than enough to supply two teams. I have seen Boston elemmentry field 11 on the field and 2 on the sideline. Same with PV , whitley East and north, in those schools they play pretty darn well./
Messages In This Thread
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley? - by topnotch - 11-11-2013, 05:03 PM