Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lexington Catholic
75.76%
Russell Co.
24.24%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic @ Russell County 11/15
Big Brown Wrote:I am highly entertained at all this talk about strength of scheduled. Lets look at the facts. Yes, Russell County has played a week scheduled this year. Their scheduled will always be week compared to some of the 4A power houses in larger counties and cities. Lets look at the two teams they played with winning records. They did lose to a very talented Pulaski County team that has a good chance in winning the 5A State Championship. They punched Knox Central in the mouth. All other teams never had a chance. They held their opponents to and average of 10 points a game. The only reason it is that high is most of the points were scored on second and third stringers.

Lets take a look at Lexington Catholic. Upfront I will say that I have not seen them play in person, just like I am sure most of you have not seen Russell County. Lexington Catholic has played 4 teams with winning records (Bowling Green, a down Saint X Team, Boyle County and Mercer County). They only won one of these games, Mercer County. In these four games they gave up 102 points. As for the rest of the games against teams with loosing scheduled LC gave up 110 points.

With that being said, who is to say RC would have faired any better or worse then LC should they had played this schedule.

As for Boyle County, no one can knock their schedule. They play a tough schedule year in and year out. They are one of the power houses of 4A. My only advice to them is they might wanted to be a little concerned with Mercer County. This is a team they only beat 14-0.

The best part about all of this Internet chatter is it does not amount to anything. All of use 30, 40, and 50 year old use to be's can rattle our cages and it accomplishes nothing. The players from each team will be hitting the field on Friday night and laying all out on the line to defeat the other. Best of luck to both teams. I'm hoping for a good game. I am pulling for RC and I feel they are a team to be reckoned with, no matter their strength of schedule.

The best team RC played threw down 49 points on the starters. That's what happens when you play a bunch of bad teams and then think you're on the same level as the elite teams just because you go into a game undefeated. Some Laker fans seem to be blind to the fact that scheduling makes a difference in playoff success. If you want it to go unnoticed, your legacy as a playoff contender will as well.
Messages In This Thread
Lexington Catholic @ Russell County 11/15 - by Wildcat18 - 11-11-2013, 03:29 PM