Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Oh Where Will The Fairview Kids Go?
Truth Wrote:You don't just get up and leave, enroll at another school, and become eligible. Allegedly you must comply with the rules. There is no "hostile environment" rule and, if there were, it wouldn't and shouldn't apply to the situation at Fairview. The West Virginia boys, of course, can return home- if they really ever left home in the first place. Kentucky boys will need a legitimate move of residence. So, are you assuming that a lot of these families will pick up and move elsewhere? Or, maybe the parents can get a divorce and custody can go to the parent moving to Ashland or Raceland.

If these boys are allowed to "relocate" through some ridiculous subjective ruling by the applicable assistant commissioner, then there is no need for a KHSAA. Just remove the pretense of accountability and let them all go wherever they please.

Of course, I have stated before that I don't find the athletes and their families to be victims. They all knew what was going on and they know that only the tip of the iceberg was revealed. But, as long as the Eagles won, the end justified the means to them- all of them.

I don't understand why the boys should be held accountable for a coaching and administrative bungle. You act like every kid on the team has moved in to play ball. If that is the case I can understand limiting transfers. This doesn't happen often so each situation should be looked at individually don't you think? But then again maybe the KHSAA is to busy at Cordia.
Messages In This Thread
Where Oh Where Will The Fairview Kids Go? - by catsallthetime - 11-06-2013, 04:43 PM