Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Oh Where Will The Fairview Kids Go?
It has been a couple of years or so since I had occasion to review the KHSAA By-Laws dealing with transfers and recruiting. Since I know that unusual and arbitrary exceptions have been allowed from time to time, I thought I should review the applicable by-laws. There is no exception listed for "hostile environment" nor any wording, including in the cited examples of application of the by-laws, that would suggest such an exception.

Of course, I am aware that something such as this subjective nature has been used on occasion. It would appear to be reasonable to conclude that such a baseless finding would not apply to the Fairview situation. In other words, by the letter of the rules, if an athlete wishes to play elsewhere and he/she has played for the varsity in the ninth grade or a higher grade, he/she better have a legitimate move, a family divorce with change due to parental custody, or some other concrete reason. Otherwise, he/she better stay in Millseat. On the other hand, Fairview is in a weakened position so they may well not oppose any transfers. That would be a mistake. Fairview has been punished. Now they need to bow their backs and protect their turf.
Messages In This Thread
Where Oh Where Will The Fairview Kids Go? - by Truth - 11-04-2013, 04:14 PM