Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Oh Where Will The Fairview Kids Go?
Leaping Lee Wrote:If you are living under the assumption that all of their current players are playing legally then I agree but that isn't the case. With the probation hanging over a new coach, AD, principle, and super I would think that there will be no grey areas.

Since the punishment has been imposed, I would assume that KHSAA has closed the books on Fairview for the present. If there are illegal players there, and I don't doubt that there are, Fairview would be wise to exclude them from future athletic participation.

If the players choose to transfer, they will still be under the same rules as any other transfer from any other school. There is no justifiable reason for a "free pass" from Fairview. Of course, if the athlete actually moves to a new venue, depending upon the real reason for the move, he/she may be eligible at the new school. And, of course, those who "matriculated" from West Virginia can merely officially return home. On the other hand, a move from Millseat to Raceland, Russell, or Ashland would and should be viewed with suspicious eyes by KHSAA. Of course, as I said earlier, KHSAA does, on occasion, have a tendency to be subjective rather than objective. It is like George Orwell wrote in his prophetic book, Animal Farm, "All animals (schools) are created equal but some are more equal than are others".
Messages In This Thread
Where Oh Where Will The Fairview Kids Go? - by Truth - 11-04-2013, 12:00 PM