Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mingo Central 26 Logan 20 (WV score)
bucslover68 Wrote:Yep new school and athletic facilities that are exceptional.

Wait, wait wait, lol. You used that word "Facilities" (as in plural).
We only have 1 "exceptional athletic facility" and that's Harless Stadium for Football only. We are in year 3 of the high school's existence and still lack:
Soccer Field (Games have been played at Burch and Williamson)
Tennis Courts (Games have been played at Gilbert and Williamson)
Baseball Field (Games have been played at Gilbert and Williamson)
Softball Field (Games have been played at Delbarton)

It's extremely frustrating to not have a true home field for some of our teams and it truly causes problems with kids not coming out to play because their parents can't drive 1/2 way across the county to get them to practices.

Yep, it's also frustrating to lose athletes to the border as some of you pointed out. You can't say it wouldn't make other schools frustrated to see athletes living in their county/district/etc leave. I saw this personally at Williamson through middle school and high school and I know Matewan obviously had the same sorta things going on. Oh well though, I'd rather win games with our own kids that have grown up and stuck with the feeder programs.

Back to the original topic though, we sure do hope we can get this home playoff. Our two last games against Herbert Hoover and Mt. View are two teams that we can most likely name the score on and won't really help in terms of our points towards advancing to a higher ranking. Our best situation, is if Keyser beats Frankfort and the "Golden Tornado" have to make the 6 hour trip down to Mingo County.....the exact opposite of what we had to do last year. [Image: http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333...6f93c7.jpg]
[Image: http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333...6b7d9a.jpg]
Messages In This Thread
Mingo Central 26 Logan 20 (WV score) - by oneijoe - 10-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Mingo Central 26 Logan 20 (WV score) - by oneijoe - 10-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Mingo Central 26 Logan 20 (WV score) - by MCMiner247 - 10-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Mingo Central 26 Logan 20 (WV score) - by NEXT - 10-28-2013, 09:16 AM