Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 55 Magoffin County 49
Cat Daddy Wrote:I agree our district is very bad this year. Overall it is very bad every year with the exception of Breathitt. It is sad to think beating Magoffin County is a big win, but when you are struggling like the bobcats have this year, any win is a big win. The talent level at the high school is down, the school system is in terrible shape, and our feeder program is down right horrible. With that being said, Breathitt football will be back. Maybe not next year or the year after, but Coach Moore will get the program back to where it needs to be. He will put the right people in the right spots to make this program successful once again. We lost a Coach who was Breathitt County football, and when a legendary coach leaves any program there will always be a dropoff. Look at Bell, when Dudley decided to step down, there was an immediate drop off. Maybe not as bad as Breathitt, but they are struggling this year as well. It is going to happen to every program. I can bet you when Coach Haywood decides to retire, there will be a noticable drop off at Belfry. Great programs have down periods, it is just part of the game. I believe in Coach Moore and our program. I know there is too much pride in our program, and in our community, to allow our program to fail.

Maybe... certainly possible...but Belfry has a phenomenal Feeder Program in place which Breathitt does not. Anytime you have a coaching change there is the potential for it to go sideways, especially when people try to change things the way they like it.

With that said, some powerhouse programs have been able to have smooth transitions like when Mueller took over at Highlands.. the key is hiring the right guy and having a constant Feeder Program to assure the talent pool stays up.

If Breathitt had the talent of Belfry's Freshman and Sophomore class, as well as Belfry Middle School's 8th Grade team who may very well win a State Title... then the Bobcat's future would be looking a whole lot brighter and their on field success would be substantially better this season.

Bottom line is Coach Moore was dealt a rough hand. It's not his fault. Breathitt simply does not have the players of year's past and until a major change at the Middle school happens the talent pool will remain down. Holcomb left for a reason. I just hope Breathitt is patient with Moore and does what they have to in order to get the entire program back no track.
Messages In This Thread
Breathitt County 55 Magoffin County 49 - by 64SUR - 10-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Breathitt County 55 Magoffin County 49 - by EKUAlum05 - 10-04-2013, 08:40 AM