Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Pikeville: Better All Time Program
PHSForever Wrote:Have to pump the brakes on this a bit here. Yes, Pikeville has been in A class for a long time now. HOWEVER, the 2 runner up years in 72 and 79, they were AA. While they bounced back and forth a few years betweenA and AA, mostly have been A. Now, Belfry is a relative newcomer to AAA. they were AA up until I believe 2004? But we all know they were in the upper echelon student count wise of that, and really probably should have been AAA, but it is what is is. Having said that, the argument stands that Belfry really had an easy road several of those years as well to the semi-finals,some years' easier than Pikeville's road (not many though). Since moving to AAA Belfry has not won a title. It's been a fun debate to read and lightly participate in. I've enjoyed reading all the points. I think the main thing we can all agree on, Pikeville and Belfry really established modern day mountain team respectability, dominance, name recognition.
The Pirates have spent more years in 3A than 2A. Plus, with the exception of the two championship years, the bulk of Belfry's success has come while they were 3A.

Belfry's Classification History

AA 1959 - 1974, 16 Years
AA 1999 - 2006, 8 Years

AAA 1975 - 1998, 24 Years
AAA 2007 - 2013, 7 Years and counting
Messages In This Thread
Belfry vs. Pikeville: Better All Time Program - by Buc-a-roo - 09-19-2013, 05:22 PM