Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Pikeville: Better All Time Program
Leonidas Wrote:What's the story on the '99 game with Beechwood?

For some reason I don't remember how it played out.
Beechwood converted some absolutely ignorantly lucky first downs on long yardage on balls that looked like a duck falling out of the sky, they hung there for an eternity, you are just screaming that ball has to be picked, but it was one of those things. It was almost so bad, the offense had the advantage.

I will have to watch the film again, if I can make myself to go into much more detail, but the aid of a PHS senior making two inexcusable personal fouls to help Beechwood walk down the field didn't help.

Link to a good article from the Cincinnati paper:

http://enquirer.com/editions/1999/11/27/...od_25.html

Quote: Over the last 6:37 of the game, Beechwood turned mistakes into magic. That's how much time remained when Pikeville (12-2) took a 19-10 lead on Jarrod Frasure's 1-yard touchdown plunge.
With 4:03 left, Beechwood junior quarterback Mike Nie flipped a four-yard shovel pass to senior Josh Kaiser to cut the lead to 19-17. Nie earlier scored from three yards out with 7:19 left in the third quarter to give Beechwood a 10-6 lead.
Pikeville went three-and-out on the ensuing drive, and Beechwood got the ball on its own 41 with three minutes left.
Then came more magic tricks — Nie hit senior Max Mann for 22 yards and again for 26 to put the ball at the Pikeville 11.

Sad
Messages In This Thread
Belfry vs. Pikeville: Better All Time Program - by Panther Thunder - 09-19-2013, 12:43 PM