Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Pikeville: Better All Time Program
Panther Thunder Wrote:This is why I agree with you, but like to state that it is not like Pikeville cannot get the title of better program back with another good run. I give it to Belfry, but I don't think it is some huge margin, I think it relatively close, but BHS has it by a distinct bit.

Yup... which is why I have been such a proponent of keeping the rivalry alive. For 80% of the series it has been as close as you can imagine..unfortunately for Pikeville a couple of bonehead coaching moves left their program rebuilding just as the Belfry program was elevating.

With stability Pikeville will be back, and I think we are seeing that, and when they are back at the very LEAST they are a financially and logistically a much more viable option than playing a mediocre "bigger" school.

Obviously Coach McNamee is the main reason Pikeville is returning to form.. but you also have to think Belfry's success has played a part as well. Pikeville is elevating their program and has the blueprint for where the standard is..coupled with unbelievable competition at the Feeder Level being provided.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry vs. Pikeville: Better All Time Program - by EKUAlum05 - 09-19-2013, 12:40 PM